1987 BMW E30 325i Sport MTech 1 Manual
1987 BMW E30 325i Sport MTech 1 Manual
A superb example of a right hand drive, manual MTech 1, this E30 has covered only 106,000 miles from new with five previous owners.
Only 290 MTech 1s were produced in a short production span from September 1986 to August 1987, available in three colours only - Diamantschwarz Metallic, Delphin Metallic or Lachssilber Metallic. The MTech 1 is one of the most desirable variants of the timeless E30, with numerous improvements both aesthetically and mechanically – for those unfamiliar with the M Technic Sport package, as it is officially known, full details are listed at the bottom of this listing. This example, finished in Lachssilber Metallic, is for sale from the collection of a fastidious collector.
The car was purchased from another fanatical BMW collector who owned the car for over eighteen years. Such was his love for the car he even had it shipped from the UK to Dubai with him, where the car resided for five years. Following this the car returned to the UK and has remained here since with all paperwork to document this repatriation and is fully UK registered.
Purchased by the current owner in September 2018, the car was immediately subjected to a thorough recommissioning to exacting standards following a period in storage. This work, documented in the car’s large history file, comprised the following:
• Full top end engine rebuild using all OEM BMW parts (including cylinder head refurbishment, valves cleaned/re-seated, new valve seals, cam shaft seal and torque bit head bolts)
• All new OEM BMW gaskets – head gasket, manifold, exhaust, water pump etc
• New OEM BMW Timing belt, timing tensioner, water pump, seals, thermostat, Bosch S4 battery, Bosch distributor cap and arm, HTC leads, NGK Plugs and radiator (radiator is the only non-OEM part used due to unavailability).
• Engine block cleaned and painted in OEM satin black
• Many parts including valve cover, engine trim, manifold, exhaust manifold, pulleys media blasted, powder coated and/or painted
• Myriad pieces of OEM BMW hardware throughout – bolts, clips, washers etc
• All fluids changed - Mobil engine, gearbox and differential oil with full coolant flush and change
• Heater matrix cleaned and fully operational
• Full brake overhaul with new Brembo discs, pads, sensors and handbrake shoes
• Brand new OEM BMW Hood Insulation
The car has also been fitted with two tasteful and reversible modifications - a full custom stainless steel exhaust system with six branch headers, small mid box and period correct Scorpion back box paired with an ECU remap.
Recently, the car has had further work carried out by ourselves to keep the car in exceptional condition. Any visible paint blemishes were repaired alongside any minor dings and stone chips, the genuine 15’’ BMW BBS wheels were refurbed including centre caps and wrapped in new Falkentyres (205/55/R15), new front fog lamp covers were sourced and fresh under bonnet insulation was fitted. The car was also fully detailed inside and out by our in-house Ceramic Pro team.
As one would expect, the result is a rare car that wants for nothing – testament to its prior collector ownership and recent expenditure. We have had the pleasure of selling many E30s, MTech models included, and this is without doubt one of the best we have seen.
BMW E30 325i Sport MTech 1 RHD Manual with M Technic Sport Package including:
High Compression M20 Engine (1705885 HC Head)
M Technic 1 body kit and boot spoiler
Anthracite interior head lining
Limited slip differential
M Technic suspension (comprised of 15mm lower springs and Bilstein shock absorbers)
5-speed close ratio gear box
15" BBS light alloy road wheels
Sport front seats (Houndstooth interior)
Rear seat fold down centre armrest
Electric sliding sunroof
Opening rear windows
M Technic 1 leather steering wheel (rare 370mm option)
Leather one piece gear knob and gator
Front fog lamps
Shadowline trim (de-chrome)
This example is fitted with further factory options in the form of rear headrests, power steering, electric sunroof, 13 button on-board computer and stereo preparation.