2017 Morgan Aero 8 Series 5
The Holy Grail Morgan. Without question, the prettiest car the Morgan factory has ever produced and with a power plant to pack a suitable punch too, the Morgan Aero 8 has been heralded as one of the best looking British cars ever made - and rightly so. Powered by a 4.8 BMW V8 with an automatic gearbox, these rare machines are highly sought after and rarely come to market - not least with specifications like this car.
Our car was delivered new to its first and only owner on 1st April 2017 by Williams Morgan. It is chassis number 80 of perhaps 130 total build, and fewer than 100 in the UK. It was actually built December 2016 but then registered April 2017, so now qualifies for reduced Road Fund rate of £14.43 monthly.
Today, she has been enjoyed for 19,700 miles and has been serviced annually at the supplying dealer, Williams Morgan in the Cotswolds. The car has just been serviced in December 2023 by Morgan and is MOT’d until November 2024. Tyres have good tread depth; all 4 replaced at around 15,000 miles in late 2019/early 2020.
The Morgan factory carried out a thorough paint refresh in March/April 2023, and renewed the PPF for no other reason than to make the car factory perfect once again ahead of sale.
- BMW 4.8l V8, 6 speed Automatic + paddles
- Aero Racing pack including side exhausts & red brake callipers
- 6 spoke 18” wheels per factory spec
- 2 keys, including remote boot release (the first of the S5 Aeros to have this!)
- Porsche Ice Mint green + soft silver wrap to bonnet & boot. PPF from new.
- Red carpets & floor mats, with leather trim
- Tawny wood trim
- Air conditioning
- Burgundy leather + suede seat inserts. Red seat piping
- Burgundy soft top & storage bags
- Carbon hard top, uniquely finished in clear lacquer to display the carbon:
- Factory wooden stand for the hard top
- Factory build book
Added since leaving the factory:
- Wolf sump guard, fitted from new
- Cat 5 tracker
- Alpine DAB & bluetooth audio head unit with remote control
- Dynamat sound deadening in the front floor wells
- And covers: a shower cover, and a soft indoor cover
SSL Ltd fully adjustable suspension & anti roll bars:
SSL’s coilover + revised anti roll bars balances the handling, removing the standard setup’s stiff front/ soft rear with power oversteer.
SSL's additional drop link allows for a slightly softer initial response to bumps, and some body roll, which makes for a much more comfortable ride. More info here:
As you can see from the above, this is no ordinary Morgan Aero 8. This car has been cherished and adored by its owner from new. We know this will suit the most discerning collector either as their first Morgan or to join an enthusiast’s fleet. We simply can’t get enough of the car.
As with all of our vehicles, we have a digital folder available on request containing more images, walkaround videos, pictures of the underside and scans of the service history. The car can be viewed by appointment at our West London showroom.