1951 Daimler DC 27 Ambulance

1951 Daimler DC 27 Ambulance

1951 Daimler DC 27 Ambulance

 

We pride ourselves on having an eclectic stock here at DoL, and truth be told this might be the biggest head turner on site at the moment.

 

Built in Coventry and pressed into service by Coventry City Council as a front line ambulance, this 1951 Daimler DC 27 then went onto Imperial Chemical Industries for use as a site ambulance.

 

Since then it’s had a much more interesting life, passing through the hands of a few private owners with use a promotional vehicle for a catering company. Needless to say this was a runaway success, and some may recognise it from the likes of the Goodwood Revival, but now this faithful Daimler seeks a new owner.

 

Powered by a six cylinder engine, the ambulance has been previously restored and presents well today. This included internal wooden ash frame and panels replacement, respray inside and out, chassis cleaned and painted, cab refitted, new floor and complete new wiring loom. The engine was also subject to a major rebuild with crankshaft reground and new rings, new white metal bearings and new valves specially made with the pre-select gearbox also benefitting from reconditioning.

 

Recently the car has been serviced and fitted with new carburettor, fuel lines and reconditioned fuel tank by us. Believed to be one of only six remaining on the road, this is a guaranteed conversation piece and ideal promotional vehicle, TV and film hire vehicle, food truck or simply a collector’s item.

    £17,950.00Price
     

    Duke of London, The Factory, Catherine Wheel Road, Brentford TW8 8BD, UK

    ©2020 by Duke Of London.  Terms & Conditions Cookie Notice Privacy Policy

    Esmeralda's of Brentford Limited - Registered address: Duke of London, The Factory, Catherine Wheel Road, Brentford, TW8 8BD. Company registration number 11977975.